Call For Artists/Makers
*Please note the tight submission deadline
Art Force is requesting submissions from Northeast Minneapolis artists/makers for a new multi-tenant apartment building in the Arts District. Preference will be given to artists who live and/or work in the Holland neighborhood. To be considered, you MUST live and/or work in Northeast Minneapolis.
The goal of the project is to incorporate work by many neighborhood artists.
A number of pieces are needed:
- A mural for the lobby: 9’ high x 16’ 6” wide $1500.00 budget range
- Furniture for the lobby $2500.00 budget range
- A mural for the fitness room 9’ high x 20’ wide (divided, doorway in the middle) $1500.00 budget range
- Tile for the fitness room bathroom $1200.00 budget range
- 4 Bike racks with each rack accommodating 2 bikes $300 range/rack Preference for each rack to be made by a different artisan
- 5 Trellis $600 range each Preference for each trellis to be created by a different artisan.
- 8 Metal screens $750.00 range each. Preference for each screen to be made by a different artist.
- Building signage for front of the building $750.00 budget range
The work will be installed between June 15-July 30, 2019.
Please indicate your interest in the project by replying to Leslie Palmer-Ross at firstname.lastname@example.org By 5 PM on Friday March 8, 2019.
Your response should include:
- Phone Number
- Email address
- Confirmation that you fit the geographical requirement.
- Biography and/or artist statement
- The art pieces for which you wish to submit
- Photos of relevant work